Welcome to the Wednesday Write-in!
CAKE.shortandsweet runs a write-in every week to writers to practise their skills, and get chatting to each other about their work. Everyone is welcome to join in, and the more people you tell, the more everyone will get out of it.
Merry Christmas! If any of you are feeling overwhelmed by festivities, why not ground yourself for ten minutes today with a little creative writing. Best seasonal story will win an extra point!
slither :: world cinema :: construct :: unwrapped :: wine
- You can use the prompts as inspiration or try to work them into your story somehow. Use as many as you want.
- When your story is done, post it online (your blog/twitter/in a comment here), tag with #wednesdaywritein and comment with a link so we can read it. You can write as many stories as you like.
- Please take the time to read and comment on as many other stories as you can.
We’ll feature our favourite story on the blog with a review of it and links to the author’s blog/twitter/facebook if relevant.
Posts will generally go up at 9am(ish) on Wednesday – stories are due by 10am Thursday (UK) to be considered for the featured story. You can keep posting your work after this, it just won’t be featured.
The winner will also be eligible to publish on our special CAKE.shortandsweet genre through Ether Books.
We’ll keep track of who takes part in the write-ins, and you earn points for different things.
- Take part in a write-in = 1 point.
- Comment on other people’s stories = 1 point.
- Share/reblog this post = 1 point.
When you reach ten points the editing team will give detailed feedback on a story of your choice. This only counts for separate sessions—so if you write five stories for one write-in, that counts as one, and if you share on both facebook and twitter, that’s one.
Any questions? Otherwise, have fun writing!