Welcome to the Wednesday Write-in!
This is the new feature on the blog which we’ll be running every week from now on to allow all of us writers to practice our skills, and get chatting to each other about our work.
weak tea :: tight :: no reception :: sliding :: professional
- You can use the prompts as inspiration or try to work them into your story somehow. Use as many as you want.
- When your story is done, post it online (your blog/twitter/in a comment here), tag with #wednesdaywritein and comment with a link so we can read it. You can write as many stories as you like.
- Please take the time to read and comment on as many other stories as you can.
We’ll feature our favourite story on the blog with a review of it and links to the author’s blog/twitter/facebook if relevant.
Posts will generally go up at 9am(ish) on Wednesday – stories are due by 9am Thursday (UK) to be considered for the featured story. You can keep posting your work after this, it just won’t be featured.
We’ll keep track of who takes part in the write-ins, and you earn points for different things.
- Take part in a write-in = 1 point.
- Comment on other people’s stories = 1 point.
- Share/reblog this post = 1 point.
When you reach ten points the editing team will give detailed feedback on a story of your choice. This only counts for separate sessions—so if you write five stories for one write-in, that counts as one, and if you share on both facebook and twitter, that’s one. We might give an extra point if you comment on everyone’s stories, but we’ll have to wait and see.
Any questions? Otherwise, have fun writing!