This part is simple.
You can be any age, shape, size or species so long as you haven’t had your work published before. We want to help new writers, whether they’ve been secretly scribbling in the shed for twenty years or just started yesterday. Also, it must be a short story. No serials I’m afraid, though stories set in the same universe, or even about the same characters are fine, so long as it’s a separate story.
All you need to do is download this submissions form, fill it in and email it along with a copy of your story to email@example.com
Sound easy? It is!
The rules of submitting are as follows:
1. Your story must be between under 2200 words. There is no lower limit. If you’re a few words over don’t panic, there’s room for a little leverage, but the whole idea is short stories. We can’t print your novel!
2. You must give us permission on the form to copy your story. As the creator of the work you hold copyright and it’s illegal for us to copy it without your say-so. If you don’t, we can still host the story on the website but you won’t see it winging its way across Manchester cafés.
3. Proofread your story. Get a friend/family member/pet to read your story and check there are none of those silly mistakes we always make. Also, please make sure that you are happy with it and it’s the best you can write.
4. The story must be standalone i.e. it must have a beginning and an end (and a middle wouldn’t hurt). No serials.
5. We will aim to give you as much helpful feedback as possible as long as we have the time.